Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Login through Steam  

Warn Appeal

Your Steam Name: SEWER OVERLORD
Your in-game name: SEWER OVERLORD
Your Steam Profile/SteamIDSTEAM_0:0:95716697
Why were you warned?: Fail Basing
Why should your warn be removed?: I believe that my warn was rushed and not really given time to explain my situation. 

Who warned you? Sewer Overlord
Evidence: I had recently come into contact with Dr. Miao the time before the warn. He was wondering if I would like a free Mayor's dupe of his, and of course, I accepted. However, I was not aware at the time that the dupe was a footglitch base, as I have never raided this dupe before and that this was one of Miao's new dupes that he just made. How the warn came to be is that Isaac The Butcher was revolting while I was mayor. No problem, I easily killed him when he was crawling through the walkway. However, I did not realize that the player could not shoot back. I quickly found this out during a sit that was conducted by Umbak. He tested the integrity of the dupe and indeed did confirm that it was a Failbase. However, I believe my warn should be voided, as I did not make the dupe and that I had no knowledge that the dupe had a glitch in the first place. Note, this is not saying to instead place my warn on Miao, I'm sure he made an honest mistake with this dupe. After I warned myself, Miao began apologizing profusely in discord PMs about it. If needed, I can edit this post to include the dupe for others to investigate if they want.

Even if you did not make the dupe, you still used it. You could have also looked over the base before you used it.

(11-08-2018, 09:06 PM)Nilpferd Wrote: Even if you did not make the dupe, you still used it. You could have also looked over the base before you used it.

That is true, however, I did not have time to actually inspect the dupe as when I have finished placing it down, that's when Isaac revolted.

You xhould always look over a dupe that you have bought or if someone gives it to u. Most people do not do this. Most of the time when people wanna buy dupes from me they just pm me and tell me a location and i give it to them when i get the money. No interaction at all. Its a fair punishment imo, u are liable for your props. 

Bunziix. He said he didn't have time. 
"That is true, however, I did not have time to actually inspect the dupe as when I have finished placing it down, that's when Isaac revolted."

The entire course of the ordeal took 5mins. That was the time for him to send me the dupe, put it in my folder, refresh, paste it and place keypads. If you can find time to thoroughly inspect a large scale dupe within that time without being killed in a revolt, I applaud you.

i don't believe this should be removed because it was a fair warning although you should of looked at the base to see if any problem was in place at the time.

I can understand what happened but in the end it is up to you to decide to use the base and always know what is going on and for this reason I do not think the warn should be removed.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 02:53 PM by Walter the Assaulter.)

Did you paste the dupe in before or after the revolt began?
Why did you paste in an untested dupe in the first place? Why didn't you check over it in single player first or wait until nobody was revolting since we know bad dupes have been going around lately?
Did the player present this as a valid dupe and scam you? Did you spend over the scam limit for it? Did you receive your money back?

Since it seems like a genuine accident I'm not sure if it needs to stay, but it was a little dopey since we know bad dupes have been making their rounds so I dunno. You are responsible for what your own props are doing and it caused a disruption to one of our biggest RP situations (a revolt).

This is why people should build their own bases, but I will advocate for SEWER when he claims he pasted it in seconds before he was revolted against.